Using the DanceBUG App
Downloading / Setting Up an Account
Download the DanceBUG app from the Google Play / App Store and open it.
- If you already have a DanceBUG account, login using your username and password.
- If you've forgotten your password, tap FORGOT PASSWORD. You'll receive an e-mail with a password reset link.
- If you don't have an account, tap CREATE AN ACCOUNT to get started.
- Enter your information, then tap CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Once you’re logged in using your e-mail and password, you’ll see this screen:
If you ordered media at an event, you’ll have an access code. Tap MY VIDEOS & PHOTOS in the DanceBUG app to get started.
- If you don’t have any media in your account, a popup will appear. Click ADD MEDIA to enter your access code.
- You can also tap the menu button and ADD VIDEOS & PHOTOS to enter your code.
- Once entered, the media will be added to your account. Once uploaded, it will be available for viewing.
If you attended a competition that gives away free media, open a web browser, go to www.dancebug.com and login to your account. Click REDEEM FREE MEDIA at the top of the page. Scroll down to select the competition you attended and add your free performance videos and/or photos to your DanceBUG account.
Studio Media Packages
If your studio took advantage of our studio media package deal, click REDEEM STUDIO MEDIA PACKAGE at www.dancebug.com, then scroll down to select the competition you attended and add your performance videos and/or photos to your account.
If you’re eligible to take advantage of our special all-inclusive pre-sale offer, you’ll receive an e-mail with a link to order. Click the link to continue. After the competition, we’ll automatically add all of your photos and videos to your DanceBUG account.
Please note that these deals expire, so make sure you order quickly!
Ordering Videos and Photos
If you’re not receiving / taking advantage of one of the above offers, you can shop for photos and videos through the DanceBUG app.
- Tap in the DanceBUG app to get started.
- If you’ve already entered dancer information and you’ve attended events, these events will appear under RECENTLY ATTENDED EVENTS.
- Tap the event to view your routines.
- If there are no events listed or the event you’re looking for doesn’t appear, tap ALL EVENTS to search for the event.
- ALL EVENTS allows you to search for an event. Begin typing – a list of matching options will appear as you type.
- You’ll need to select the dancer’s name and date of birth for verification.
- Tap SEARCH to view the dancer's videos and/or photos from this event.
Previewing / Ordering
- Tap an image to scroll through the photos. Video previews are not available.
- Tap to select that routine’s photos. Tap to select video.
- If the photo/video button turns yellow, it’s been selected. If it’s purple, it’s already been purchased.
- To order all photos and videos for an event, tap the quick order buttons at the top of the screen to select everything.
- To view pricing and packages, tap PRICE LIST at the bottom of the page.
- Tap ADD TO CART to continue, enter your payment information, then checkout to continue.
Please note that competition media can take 48 hours to appear online post-event and recital media may take up to two weeks after the recital to appear online.
Once you've ordered media and checked out, you can view your photos and video in MY VIDEOS & PHOTOS in the app.
You can also place orders and view media at www.dancebug.com. Login, then click SHOP to order or click on MY COMPETITION MEDIA to view your videos and photos.
My Videos & Photos
- Tap MY VIDEOS & PHOTOS to view your purchased videos / photos and to view live-streaming events.
- Tap RECITAL or COMPETITION to view your purchased media.
- Search for specific routines at the top of the screen.
- Tap a routine to view it. Video and/or photos will appear here.
- Tap the PLAY button to play the video. Tap again to view player controls.
- If you have a Chromecast, tap to cast the video to your TV.
- If the video is available for downloading (at the competition’s discretion) you'll see a download button - tap to download the video to your device. will appear once the video has been downloaded.
- Tap a photo to view it in full screen. Swipe to view more photos. You can download a photo to your device by tapping . Photos get downloaded to your camera roll or gallery.
- Under , you can view live streams. If a competition is currently streaming, you’ll see it listed here.
- Tap on an event, then tap the play icon to watch. You can also cast using the cast icon.
- Please note – not all events provide live streams. This is at the discretion of the competition.
- View your downloads by tapping the menu button - , then MY DOWNLOADS.
- To delete a video, swipe and will appear. Tap to delete it.
Please note - downloaded videos are only available through the DanceBUG app.
If you need to download an MP4 file, open a web browser and log in to www.dancebug.com. Load a video in your account, then click DOWNLOAD VIDEO. Read the terms and conditions and click AGREE AND DOWNLOAD. The video will download to your device.
Live Event Info
Using the DanceBUG app, you can view event information including maps, nearby restaurants and hotels. You can also view live schedules at events (shows five upcoming routines + on-stage routine) or a full schedule (at the competition's discretion) and receive notifications 15 or 30 minutes before a routine is on stage.
Please note that the live schedule is maintained / updated by the competition during the event. If the schedule isn’t accurate, please speak to someone at the competition.
- To begin, tap LIVE EVENT INFO.
- A list of DanceBUG competitions who are currently running events will appear. Tap on a competition/event to view it.
- A map displays the event location. Tap the icons to see nearby hotels, restaurants, etc.
- The following options are available (if enabled by the comp / applicable):
- LIVE SCHEDULE: Displays five upcoming entries and what’s currently on stage.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch/cast the live video stream.
- FULL SCHEDULE: View the entire schedule (if enabled by the competition)
- MY ROUTINES: Add your routines by selecting your studio and routine, then add to MY ROUTINES. Once added, you can set a notification to receive a message 15 or 30 minutes before the routine is scheduled to be on stage.
Routine notifications can be deleted by swiping left and tapping DELETE.